"My Goal: Teaching my students to be successful in learning and in life !"
Fulton Learning Center
Highly Qualified Texas Certified Special Education Teacher
FLC Dept Phone: (361)790-2240
COLLIN LANCE KERR
I teach: Special Education Life Skills 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades at Fulton Learning Center
- I have taught Special Education Life Skill at ACISD for 19 years.
- Highly Qualified Texas Certified Teacher of Special Education.
- Received the honor of Teacher of the Year at Fulton Learning Center for the school year of 2011/2012 and a Special Olympics Coach for Swimming and Bowling from 2005-2010 at Rockport Fulton Middle School.
- Gymnastics Coach/Teacher (PK-12th grade) for 3 years at Dolphins Gymnastics in Corpus Christi.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice - Specialized in Law Enforcement from Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Range and Wildlife Management - Minor in Biology from Texas A&M University - Kingsville.
- A published Author of 19 scientific articles: In my Undergraduate, Independent Study/Research, I was the first scientific researcher in Texas to discover the roundworm parasite (Baylisascaris Procyonis) that live in raccoons' intestines and does not harm the raccoons, but is very harmful and deadly to humans and other animals and birds. Due to my discovery of this harmful roundworm parasite in Texas, further research has been conducted to find out what counties in Texas the roundworm is present and the development of public communications to inform the communities of this harmful roundworm and the safety prevention methods of how to avoid the roundworm.
My mission as a teacher is to successfully teach as much educational information as I can to each one of my students. This will enable them to attain many of their projected goals when they are adults. My main goals are to consistently teach students to be as independent as possible, be organized and structured when working, always show respect to everyone, treat all students and people fairly, and have good communication between my students, their parents, and all other teachers and district employees.
I have a lot of interests/hobbies in my life since life is so full of different aspects. Some of my regular interests are: enjoying leisure and quality time with my family and friends, fishing and hunting with my 2 girls (China and Cynbad), BBQing/cooking, when finding the time (watching the TV shows such as Survivors, Myth Busters, History Channel, Discovery Channel), learning new technology skills for a computer/IPad and trying to learn at least 2 new facts or knowledge a day from someone else. My main goal is to live my life in happy and positive relationships with my family, friends, and co-workers.
Books and Links
Collin Kerr's Schedule
|7:00-||8:00||Bus & Car Duty, Assist with students' breakfast, Morning Announcements|
|8:00-||8:45||Domestic/Personal Hygiene/Writing Skills|
|8:45-||9:30||Vocation/Job Skills/Functional Math Skills|
|9:30-||10:10||Functional Academic Reading/Communications & OT Skills|
|10:10-||11:10||KERR'S CONFERENCE TIME|
|11:10-||11:30||OT Skills & Personal Hygiene Skills|
|11:30-||11:45||Assisting with my students' lunch time|
|11:45-||12:15||My lunch time|
|12:00-||12:30||PT Skills & Personal Hygiene Skills|
|12:30-||1:15||Functional Academics Science|
|1:15-||2:00||Functional Academics Math|
|2:00-||2:45||Functional Academics Social Studies|
|2:45-||3:00||Classroom Jobs/Get Backpack/Papers ready|
|3:00-||3:30||Special Education Bus Duty|
School Supplies List
Parents should provide the needed school supplies from the list that will be provided by the Life Skill Teacher on the first day of school. If you know your son or daughter needs any special school supplies like personal hygiene supplies/items/etc.... then please send those supplies also. If you have any questions after receiving and reading the school supply list provided on the 1st day of school, please email me at Lkerr@acisd.org or call me at FLC, 361-790-2240 and ask for Mr. Kerr's room. Many thanks in advance,
Parents, anytime you need to talk to me or ask a question concerning the education of your child, just call me at Fulton Learning Center at 790-2240 and I will talk with you or set up a teacher/parent conference time. If you call and I cannot answer the phone because I am in the middle of teaching, please leave a voice message and I will return your call ASAP.
Homework Instructions If Homework Is Given:
I encourage parents to give help to their child, if needed, but please do not actually do all the work for the student or just give them the answers. If and when homework sent home, this is practice for the students to learn the material and information I am trying to teach them. Homework , if possible, should be in the handwriting of the student, not the parent. Team work with a parent is great for homework sent home. Most homework that I would would send home would be the classwork that was not finished in class for whatever reason. Thanks parents for all your help and support. Homework is due the next day unless stated by the teacher in red ink with another due date.
- About ACISD
- ACISD Student Handbook / Code of Conduct
- Child Nutrition
- District Calendar
- District and Campus Report Cards
- Dress Code
- Facility Reservations
- Family and Community Engagement
- FITNESSGRAM Information
- Gifted and Talented Program
- Health Services
- Online Textbook Reference
- Release of Directory Information
- School Supply Lists
- School Volunteer Application
- Staff Directory
- Student Enrollment
- Texas Assessment Management System