I love nature, adventure, creativity, art, and people. I believe everyday is a gift to be used wisely.
The Short Version: If I wake up and get dressed, someone is learning something.
The Long Version: I strive to learn something new everyday, contribute to society constructively and creativly, remembering to be truthful and grateful always. My mission is to share my excitement for learning and creativity with my students and guide them in earning an education so that they will have the tools necessary for success. The bravery, boldness and focus developed in art class transfers to every facet of life.
I enjoy being creative in a variety of ways including sewing, building upcycling sculpture, drawing, painting, and much more. I love to be outdoors walking, swimming and appreciating the vast variety. Indoors, creating art, reading, baking, jewelry making, and sewing are some of my indoor interests.
Books and Links
HARVEY RAFFLE LINK
May 15th Computer Investigation
Your computer investigation today could be related to your Papier Mache or altered Book, OR it could be an independent topic(s)
Research quotes and create illustrations to support your favorite quotes. This quote site has lots of options in the tool bar.
Research and practice an art style to incorporate in your Altered Book or Papier Mache.
Student Choice additional school appropriate art focused are okay.
TISSUE PAPER FLOWERS, ALTERED BOOKS AND PAPER MACHE
Tissue Paper Flowers
Monday, April 10, 2017
1. Using the links below, watch a total of three videos focusing on bead bracelets.
We are using memory wire for our bracelets so watch that video first.
2. Search sketch ideas.
3. Sketch with remaining time.
BRACELET LINKS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sda1hiJ0nrw
Friday, 3-31 Web Page Instructions
- Using the link below, watch a total of five videos focusing on the slab construction method. Take notes of important points.
- Sketch 3 – 5 ideas for pottery slab construction next week. Remember the size restrictions we have as a class.
- Search and sketch other ideas.
Tuesday, March 21, 2015 All art classes
1. Use the TPR link to explore 10 - 15 options on multiple pages for toilet roll art ideas
Select THREE ideas for construction options
2. Sketch 3 ideas and basic supplies necessary
3. Look up and sketch ideas.
Search Toilet Paper Roll Art
Friday, March 3, 2017 ALL CLASSES
1. Choose a link
2. Watch for information or inspiration.
3.Sketch or write notes of new information gained during your time in class.
4. Put you name on your paper. turn it in at the end of class.
Hidden Picture Games https://www.highlightskids.com/games/hidden-pictures/lucy-the-elephant
Wolves Change Yellowstone
CHAIR YOGA for relaxation and improved focus
6th & 8th grade SCIENCE STUDY IDEAS
DR. SEUSS DAY
WATERCOLOR VIDEOS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ewfn5Y8_Xs
WATERCOLOR MOUNTAIN LANSCAPE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3sVPXRPWRk&t=189s&spfreload=5
PALM TREES https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTjaGNO2MYQ
(ALL watch) Brush technique https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQeZtZheb3s
(Mandatory for 7th period) Street Artist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOG_tSRWSic&t=6s
WATERCOLOR ROSTER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3rHNMia2iU
SKETCH ART-- This site contains a variety of topics. Choose responsibly.
How To Basic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPSlrKZwvYI
Dragon Trophy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7owR_XE4DaE
SKULLS -HOW TO
ART LINKS 2016
FREE CLIP ART: http://openclipart.org/
Cheryl Wilson's Schedule
|8:30-||9:20||6TH GRADE ART|
|9:25-||10:15||7TH GRADE ART|
School Supplies List
Art Supplies--- erasers and pencils
Bravery --Brave enough to try. Brave enough to help out. Brave enough to speak up. Brave enough to stand up for what is right.
- About ACISD
- ACISD Student Handbook / Code of Conduct
- Child Nutrition
- District Calendar
- District and Campus Report Cards
- Dress Code
- Facility Reservations
- Family and Community Engagement
- FITNESSGRAM Information
- Gifted and Talented Program
- Health Services
- Online Textbook Reference
- Release of Directory Information
- School Supply Lists
- School Volunteer Application
- Staff Directory
- Student Enrollment
- Texas Assessment Management System