NAVAL SCIENCE INSTRUCTOR
RFHS Dept Phone: (361)790-2220
Go to my
Chief Christian Salas was born in Crystal City and raised in San Antonio where he enlisted in the Navy in 1992. In March of that year he would go on to Boot Camp in Great Lakes Recruit Training Command. He then went on to Submarine School and Navy Culinary School. His Sea duty assignments have been on submarines and two shore duties. He also was an Executive Admin Assistant and Health Benefits Advisor at Navy Recruiting District Houston Headquarters.
· Served honorably 24 years of active duty and reserve service. His last assignment was on board the USS ALEXANDRIA (SSN 757) as the Supply Department Senior Enlisted Advisor.
· Served on four Los Angeles class submarines, one Fleet Ballistic Missile Submarine, and one Sturgeon Class Submarine. His shore duties were at Navy Base Point Loma San Diego and Navy Recruiting District Houston. He also served 4 years at Navy Marine Corps Reserve San Antonio.
· Accomplishments include 4 Western Pacific Deployments 2 NORTHCOM Deployments, and 2 Mediterranean Deployments. His Submarines have participated in numerous Fleet Exercises such as RIMPAC, Operation Odyssey Dawn, Enduring Freedom, and Navy Artic ICEX.
· Served as a Culinary Arts Specialist, Submarine Qualified and Trident Deterrent Pin Qualified. Among his decorations are the Navy Commendation Medal (3), Navy Achievement Medal (6), Good Conduct Medal (6), Navy Reserve Meritorious Service Medal, and various other individual and unit awards.
· He is married to Marie Salas, from San Antonio, TX, and has two daughters, Amanda and Thalia, and one son Christian Salas II. His hobbies include playing basketball, cycling, motorcycling, and mentoring at local YMCA's and church groups. He also volunteers at local shelters and is heavily involved in community outreach programs.
Our mission at Rockport-Fulton Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps is to focus on leadership development, building a solid team, creating positive mental attitudes and work habits to succeed. To promote a sense of patriotism, provide informed and responsible citizens while building a strength of character, encouraging a high sense of honor, self-reliance, respect and individual self-discipline.
Cycling, playing basketball, motorcycling and mentoring the youth.
The NJROTC program provides every cadet with uniform items at no cost.
More ACISD Staff