- I hold a bachelor's degree in biomedical sciences from Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi and a master's degree in secondary science education from Western Governors University. I have taught science and special education at the high school level for 8 years. I am currently the lead special education teacher at RFHS and department head for special education, fine arts, and foreign language. With the help of Mrs. Shindler, I run the Help Center where students can come for extra help and support on their assignments.
- I am originally from Victoria but now call Ingleside home. I have 2 awesome kids who keep me busy. I run a small business with my kids selling Italian ice. I am looking forward to another great year at RFHS!
Phone: 361-790-2220 ext. 2253
My office is located in the Shipyard Hallway
Office Hours: 8:30am-4:15pm every day
Virtual Help Center:
- To join our Virtual Help Center Google classroom, click on the following link: https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/MTI2MjI0MDE2MDUx?cjc=fgakjm4
- We offer live help in Google meet sessions every school day. Call to make an appointment.
- "Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody."
- Supporting students as they transition into adulthood outside of high school by gaining real-world, workforce skills
- DIY Home Projects
- Collecting shoes
Books and Links
Helpful Resources for Parents of Special Education Students:
- Del Mar College Disability Services
- Del Mar College Community Workforce and Education Programs
- Texas Workforce Commission Vocational Rehab - Youth & Student - Provide help with job placement after high school
- Texas Parent to Parent: Pathways to Adulthood Transition Program
- Texas Youth2Adult
- Texas Project First - Families, Information, Resources, Support & Training
- Green Oaks Education & Support, Inc. - Post-secondary option for students with intellectual disabilities
- Texas Transition - Resources for post-secondary education options
- CASE Program at Texas Tech University - Program available for college-bound students with autism and other developmental disabilities
- Connecting to College (CtC) Program at University of Houston-Clear Lake - Program available for college-bound students with autism and other developmental disabilities
- Houston Community College VAST Program - Program for vocational advancement and skills training
- Texas Transition Guide
"This transition and employment guide is for you, the student in Texas public school, who may have received special education services due to a disability. It also provides helpful information for your parents. This guide has steps you and your parents can take to make sure you are able to find the right work or educational choices for you after high school. It also tells you where to get the services you will need after high school." A Spanish version will be available soon.
More information about transition can be found at Transitionintexas.org
Wrightslaw: All About IEPs by Peter Wright, Pamela Wright, and Sandra Webb O'Connor
The Everything Parent's Guide to Special Education by Amanda Morin
Bonnie Hybner's Schedule
|8:00 AM -||4:15 PM||Help Center - Google classroom code fgakjm4|
|10:50 AM -||12:30 PM||Biology Inclusion -Tues, Wed, Thurs|