BIO: Hi! I'm Jacob Sanchez, and I teach English at Rockport-Fulton High School. I have an English degree from the University of Texas of the Permian Basin in Odessa, TX, and an art degree from Sul Ross State University in Alpine, TX. I taught general ed at Grandfalls-Royalty ISD in Grandfalls, TX, all-level art at Balmorhea ISD in Balmorhea, TX, and high school art at Monahans High School in Monahans, TX. I host a weekly Open Mic Club after school through the ACE program, where students can showcase their talents. Online students can participate via video. Details coming soon.
OFFICE HOURS: Google Meet (links are in the lessons):
--English III: Mon. - Fri. 1 pm - 3 pm
--English IV Business Writing: Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 10:30 pm
or call: (361) 790-2122, ext. 2135
For questions on individual lessons, message me on Google Classroom.
EXPECTATIONS: Class work is turned in on the date posted for each assignment.
Cheating is heavily monitored, and will receive a zero with disciplinary repercussions.
--------------See ya!------------Peace!-------------Stay safe!------------Stay awesome!-------------
Albert Einstein once said: “Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think.” My mission is to teach you how to think for yourself. The word education comes from the Latin EDUCARE, which means “to bring out.” You must realize that your brains are powerhouses, and it is my utmost duty as an educator to bring out your mental powers and the greatness of your character. Martlin Luther King Jr. said: “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” And to that, I say - ONWARD, TO A BETTER FUTURE THROUGH EDUCATION!
I enjoy reading sci-fi and fantasy, comics, creating art and props, guitar, ukulele, hiking, working out, swords, and anything steampunk. I perform at open-mic events and attend comic con every year. You may even see me in costumes here in the classroom!
Books and Links
Jacob Sanchez's Schedule
|8:30 AM -||10:10 AM||1st - English 4 (Code: mpbznp3)|
|8:30 AM -||10:10 AM||2nd - English 4 (Code: xbj3jje)|
|10:55 AM -||12:30 PM||3rd - English 3 (Code: jblq73x)|
|10:55 AM -||12:30 PM||4th - Conference|
|12:40 PM -||2:15 PM||5th - English 3 (Code: qizxzzn)|
|12:40 PM -||2:15 PM||6th - English 3 (Code: zrvllan)|
|2:25 PM -||4:00 PM||7th - English 3 (Code: sxbzitk)|
|2:25 PM -||4:00 PM||8th - Advisory (Code: tbsnmyr)|
My Shared Files
- 26-30 Oct. Eng IV BusWrit.pptx (eng iv buswrit)(1643 KB)
- 26-30 Oct. English III Lesson.pptx (english iii lesson)(5181 KB)
- 19-23 Oct. Eng IV BusWrit Lesson.pptx (eng iv buswrit lesson)(2271 KB)
- 19-23 Oct. English III Lesson.pptx (english iii lesson)(9537 KB)
- 13-16 Oct Eng IV BusWrit Lesson.pptx (pptx)(957 KB)
- 13-16 Oct. English III Lesson.pptx (english iii lesson)(2273 KB)
- 5-9 Oct Eng IV BusWrit Lesson.pptx (pptx)(1389 KB)
- Sanchez 5-9 Oct. English III Lesson.pptx (english iii lesson)(6277 KB)
- Class Expectations English IV 2020-21.docx (docx)( 50 KB)
- Class Expectations English III 2020-21.docx (docx)( 63 KB)
- Essay Outline.docx (docx)( 19 KB)