Mr. David Swartwout started his teaching career at the Ethical Culture Fieldston School in New York, NY. A member of the history department, he designed many upper level electives, played a key role in developing interdisciplinary learning programs and worked hard to establish student centered classrooms. MUN Director, Department Chair and later Dean, Mr. Swartwout spent nearly 12 years in New York. He also had the good fortune to acquire international teaching experience, including time at two schools in Switzerland where he taught AP United States History, AP Comparative Government and AP World History. Most recently, Mr. Swartwout taught IB International Relations, IB History, and IB Global Politics at The International School of Panama. He also served as Assistant Principal in the high school division. Mr. Swartwout received his undergraduate degree in History & International Relations from the University of Scranton, a Jesuit University in Pennsylvania. He later earned a Masters (MA) in political science from New York University and a Masters of Education (M.Ed.) from the Teachers College of New Jersey.
- To enrich students' appreciation and understanding of their identity and place through the discussion and exploration of potential places of study and future careers.
- To ensure that students feel safe and comfortable sharing their views on a wide range of topics, about both their current and future goals.
- To provide opportunities for kids to feel curious, excited and hopeful about their options after RFHS.
- To laugh and have fun.
I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, travel, and exercising just enough to appreciate good food.
- About ACISD
- ACISD Student Handbook / Code of Conduct
- Child Nutrition
- District Calendar
- District and Campus Report Cards
- Dress Code
- Facility Reservations
- Family and Community Engagement
- FITNESSGRAM Information
- Gifted and Talented Program
- Health Services
- Online Textbook Reference
- Release of Directory Information
- School Supply Lists
- School Volunteer Application
- Staff Directory
- Student Enrollment
- Texas Assessment Management System