The mission of the ACISD Lifesavers Program is to provide teachers who are new to Aransas County Independent School District with the professional guidance and positive emotional support necessary to foster success as an effective member of the ACISD team. This is accomplished through administrative support, New Teacher Orientation in August, peer teacher observations, mentoring, and professional development.
Teachers who participate in the program have 0-2 years experience in the teaching profession.
Components of the District-Wide New Teacher Orientation may include:
- Welcome from the superintendent.
- Introduction of campus principals and central office staff.
- District's instructional goals and curriculum development process.
- Bus tour of Aransas County.
- Breakfast and lunch served.
- District policies, procedures and programs.
Program Contact: Denise Poland, Director of Elementary Curriculum & Special Programs
Curriculum Office Info
619 N. Live Oak St
Rockport, TX 78382
PO Box 907
Rockport, TX 78381
Curriculum Office Menu
- Curriculum Office Home
- Accountability Ratings
- Credit by Exam
- District Educational Improvement Council (DEIC)
- District and Campus Improvement Plans
- Dyslexia Services
- ESL Program
- Homeless and Foster Care
- Library Media Services
- Plotting the Course
- Response to Intervention (RtI)
- School Report Cards
- Section 504
- Teacher Mentor Program
- Texas Academic Progress Report
- About ACISD
- ACISD Student Handbook / Code of Conduct
- Child Nutrition
- District Calendar
- District and Campus Report Cards
- Dress Code
- Facility Reservations
- Family and Community Engagement
- FITNESSGRAM Information
- Gifted and Talented Program
- Health Services
- Online Textbook Reference
- Release of Directory Information
- School Supply Lists
- School Volunteer Application
- Staff Directory
- Student Enrollment
- Texas Assessment Management System