Facility Maintenance and Operations
About Our Department
The Aransas County ISD Operations Department is responsible for custodial services, building and grounds maintenance, energy management, the school store, shipping and receiving, and new construction.
Custodial staff is assigned to each campus or department on a square footage basis. Custodians are directly responsible to the assigned campus administrator. The custodial staff is responsible for providing a clean and safe learning environment for our students. During summer and holiday breaks the staff performs deep-cleaning, floor stripping and waxing and carpet cleaning tasks which are not possible when students and teaching staff are present. Rick Hoyt, Coordinator of Custodial Services/Safety Officer, is responsible for the supervision, training and assigning of custodial staff.
Each campus has a campus maintenance person housed at that facility to handle minor repairs, installation of equipment and painting. Campus maintenance personnel are to report any repair to the Operations Office which they cannot accomplish. Skilled trades personnel in the HVAC, Carpentry, Electrical and Plumbing departments are assigned to accomplishe the more involved tasks. District grounds are cared for by the Groundskeeping crew. All maintenance staff reports to Preston Adams, Director of Operations.
All maintenance is scheduled through the online work order request system through the Operations Office. Any employee may put in an online request for repair. The request is routed through the campus office and either approved or denied by the campus administrator. It is then sent to the Operations Department for assignment to appropriate staff.
All equipment and supply orders are delivered to the Shipping and Receiving Warehouse at Rockport Elementary. The School Store and the district Print Shop are also located here. Gerald Goodwin, Purchasing and Warehouse Supervisor, is responsible for these operations.
All Energy Management is handled by Rick Hoyt, Custodial Supervisor, and David Owens of the HVAC Department. Anytime there is a problem with temperature or humidity issues, "Energy Management" should be contacted directly by email so that an immediate response is possible. Several individuals monitor the Energy Management email. Scheduling of air conditioning and heating for special events is done by contacting Energy Management through email.
Mary Anders, Administrative Assistant to the Director, assists in coordinating all department activities, processing of work orders, purchase orders and payroll.
The Operations Department is dedicated to providing a safe, clean and environmentally friendly educational environment for the students of Aransas County.
Facility Maintenance and Operations Team
Coordinator of Operational Services
Phone: 361-790-2033 ext. 5
Administrative Assistant to the Director of Operations
Phone: 361-790-2250 ext. 7017
Custodial Coordinator/Safety Officer/Energy Management
RFHS Campus Maintenance/Small Engine Mechanic
Live Oak Custodian
Fulton Lead Custodian
RFMS Campus Maintenance
RFHS Lead Custodian
RFHS Lead Custodian
Secondary Custodial Foreman
Little Bay Custodian
Facility Maintenance and Operations Info
619 N. Live Oak St.
Rockport, TX 78382
P.O. Box 907
Rockport, TX 78381
Facility Maintenance and Operations Menu
Facility Maintenance and Operations Links
- Energy Savings - State Energy Conservation Office
- Shop for Electricity Rates - powertochoose.com
- Official U.S. Time - http://www.time.gov/
- Units of Measurement - http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/
- Texas School Directory -http://mansfield.tea.state.tx.us/TEA.AskTED.TSD/TSDfiles/tsd2017/tagged/texas_school_directory_2016-17_tagged.pdf
- Weather Underground - http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/
- The Weather Channel - Local Radar - https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/78382:4:US
- National Hurricane Center - http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
- Highway Conditions - http://conditions.drivetexas.org/current/
- City of Rockport - http://www.cityofrockport.com/
- Aransas County Appraisal District - http://www.aransascad.org/
Facility Maintenance and Operations Files
- UTILITY EXPENSE REPORT.xls (115 KB)
- About ACISD
- ACISD Student Handbook / Code of Conduct
- Child Nutrition
- District Calendar
- District and Campus Report Cards
- Dress Code
- Facility Reservations
- Family and Community Engagement
- FITNESSGRAM Information
- Gifted and Talented Program
- Health Services
- Online Textbook Reference
- Release of Directory Information
- School Supply Lists
- School Volunteer Application
- Staff Directory
- Student Enrollment
- Texas Assessment Management System