Teacher Mentor Program
The mission of the ACISD Lifesavers Program is to provide teachers who are new to Aransas County Independent School District with the professional guidance and positive emotional support necessary to foster success as an effective member of the ACISD team. This is accomplished through administrative support, New Teacher Orientation in August, peer teacher observations, mentoring, and professional development.
Teachers who participate in the program have 0-2 years experience in the teaching profession.
Components of the District-Wide New Teacher Orientation may include:
- Welcome from the superintendent.
- Introduction of campus principals and central office staff.
- District's instructional goals and curriculum development process.
- Bus tour of Aransas County.
- Breakfast and lunch served.
- District policies, procedures and programs.
Program Contact: Jessica Robbins