May 8, 2018 4:00 to 6:00 PM
Rockport, Texas — May, 2018 — Aransas County Independent School District (ACISD) announces registration dates for Discovery Learning Center for prekindergarten students and preschool program for children with disabilities. In the realignment of campuses, ACISD will open the prekindergarten campus Discovery Learning Center located at 21 Griffith Drive in Rockport, Texas starting with the 2018-2019 school year. The campus is located adjacent to Live Oak Learning Center.
“Discovery Learning Center is especially designed to support our early learners with age appropriate classrooms, well-resourced curriculum and highly trained teachers,” states Kathy Stephenson, Discovery Learning Center principal.
“We are excited to expand our early childhood program with additional classrooms, opening the door to more children in Aransas County. Access to a quality Pre-K program is an important part of helping our children get ready for school and a bright future ahead.” states ACISD Superintendent Joseph Patek. “As we continue to grow, our goal is to have a Pre-K program that accommodates all eligible children of Aransas County.”
Stephenson has over 25 years of experience in early childhood and has worked passionately to make this campus exceptional. “We look forward to continuing to serve our families in the community by providing the best for our youngest learners.”
Discovery Learning Center Pre-Kindergarten Registration Dates
for the 2018-2019 School Year
May 8, 2018 4:00 to 6:00 PM, Live Oak Learning Center Office 31 Griffith Dr.
May 15th 4:00 to 6:00 PM, Live Oak Learning Center Office 31 Griffith Dr.
June 5th 1:00to 4:00 PM, Live Oak Learning Center Office 31 Griffith Dr.
Qualifications for Pre-Kindergarten - your child must:
- Reside within the ACISD boundaries.
- Turn 4 years old on or before September 1, 2018 and meet one of the following:
- Unable to speak or comprehend the English language.
- Meets income eligibility for the national free or reduced lunch program.
- The child of a parent active in the military, or injured or killed, while actively serving in the military.
- Is, or ever has been, in foster care.
- The child of a police officer, firefighter, or emergency medical responder seriously injured or killed in the line of duty and received the Star of Texas Award.
Items required for registration:
- Child's Certified Birth Certificate
- Child's Social Security Card
- Updated Shot Record
- Proof of residence (copy of utility bill, rent receipt, lease agreement or residency verification form)
- Parent/Guardian Picture ID
- Proof of income
For more information call 361-790-2000