A few helpful hints for a smooth start…
- For our bus riders: Be certain your child's teacher knows which bus your child rides in the afternoon. In addition, talk to your child and be certain s/he knows which bus s/he should ride. ACISD's Transportation Department personnel can be reached at 361.790.2292 if you have any questions.
- For our car riders: To eliminate traffic congestion please turn off of SH35 on to Cactus street, proceed to 5th street, turn left on 5th, proceed one block to Chaparral street and turn left so that you enter our parking lot from the east side of Chaparral. We ask that your child have their things gathered and be ready to exit the vehicle when you pull into the parking lot to help our unloading process run more efficiently.
- Please be aware of school zone restrictions (ie: speed limits, prohibited use of cell phones, no smoking, and “no parking” signs.)
- Children are welcome on campus at 7:00am. Doors will not open before 7:00am.
- School begins promptly at 7:30 AM and ends at 3:25 PM. Attendance is important to your child's success and ask that they be in school and on time.
- Carefully review papers and forms sent home the first day of school. Many of the forms help us know your child better and help us contact you if the need arises. If there are any changes throughout the year, in regards to phone #/address, please notify the office so we may keep our records updated.
We look forward to a successful, happy school year. Please feel free to call 790-2240 with any questions.